For the past two decades in multiple nations of the globe I have counseled with those suffering from dissociation and demonization numbering in the thousands. I have studied under one of the foremost authorities in the field of MPD/DID and have spent countless hours with those who have DID. I even have family members who had DID so this subject is dear to me. I believe there is a great need to better understand this subject. This thread is simply a very basic guide on the subject, an introduction to this world.
Psalm 34:18 tells us that our loving God is very much interested in those who have DID.
“The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.”
Note: Those who have dissociation have a severe broken heart (by the way dissociation is a fancy word to describe one with a severe broken heart).
There are countless people who have MPD. The Body of Christ has an obligation to intervene, to heal and deliver those under the chains of the devil. Known as Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID), dissociation occurs often in cases where there is early childhood abuse/trauma, occult abuse and/or practice. Merriam-Webster’s definition of dissociation as found online is, “the separation of whole segments of the personality (as in multiple personality) or of discrete mental processes (as in the schizophrenias) from the mainstream of consciousness or of behavior.” Dissociation, the breaking up of the soul nature, usually occurs when severe trauma has occurred. This allows the pain of the abuse and trauma to be transferred to another part of the soul so that core person can survive.
To better understand dissociation one needs to grasp the makeup of humans…
The Dynamics of Human Beings
- God created all human beings with a body, soul (the heart), and spirit – 1 Thessalonians 5:22
- God created all humans with incredible power of the soul nature – Genesis 2:19-20 (could include the ability to dissociate)
- God knows the affects of evil upon humans and allows for an escape – Psalms 124:6-8 (dissociation is a form of escape from all forms of evil)
- The breaking of the heart, the fragmentation of the soul (the biblical wording) can occur when abuse and/or trauma occurs– Psalms 7:1-2, 69:20, 147:3
Dissociation and Trauma
- Severe Abuse and Trauma within young children often brings about dissociation as they are unable to run from evil externally but may from within, God in His goodness, allows the children to experience the secrets of the Kingdom (which includes the ability to run within the soul nature) – Matthew 11:24-26
- Dissociation can bring about different personalities as there is a break in the soul (as the Admin. correctly noted genuine personalities are not demons but broken parts of the human soul)
- The broken pieces can be demonized and locked up by the enemy
- The broken pieces can turn to goodness or evil
- The broken pieces need to be communicated to and prayed for to release the painful memories it is carrying
- Cults can bring about dissociation in an attempt to conceal information or to create personalities that are programmed to be loyal and to possess evil spirits/powers
- The broken pieces can be programmed to act like animals (possess animal spirits)
My wife and I have seen many healed of dissociation through the power of the cross of Jesus. This work can be quite complex and difficult but it honors God as it is a labor of love to free those from demonic beings and bring inner healing. The following are some general guidelines to follow as one ministers in this area…
- Understand the difference between genuine fragments of the soul and evil demons (conduct a spiritual test)
- Understand that demons can masquerade as a fragmented part (expel the demons)
- Understand that demons can enter personalities (expel the demons)
- Locate all the personalities and bring them to Jesus Christ for healing
- Unify all personalities under the Lordship of Jesus Christ!
- Merge the personalities with the core person through the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit.